Thursday, March 22, 2007

lamaze class

so, patrick and i are certified in lamaze.
what does that mean? i guess it means that patrick will remember all the details for the three of us, beacuse i am pretty sure that in the moment i am not going to remember anything. but the class was a good one to take because i may need to wait a while before the epidural can be administered. i am not one of those people who want to be a hero. i hate pain! i hate pain so much that when this pregnancy began, patrick had to hold my hand for the first blood draw. of course it really wasn't painful, but the anticipation made me really scared. lamaze class didn't ease my fears nor did it make the idea of birth scarier. i was at the birth of my niece 2 years ago, so this class just provided me with written material of what i already witnessed. all i hope is that i have the 8 hour labor my sister had, not the 24 hour typical one! some things are hereditary, right?

1 comment:

janelle said...

Don't worry to much, it will all come naturally (your insticts) when you start labor. The pain is very intense but keep concentrating on the "reward" you will have afterwards. It makes all that pain worth it. I will be there if you want me to.